Some people seem to think that tapping for money is like rubbing a genie’s bottle. If I just have the right words, the right formula, then I can tap and money will magically appear in my bank account.
If tapping can do that, I have yet to discover how.
But what tapping CAN do is to enable you to easily and joyously accomplish the tasks you need to do to bring in money. That’s where the power is.
Most people don’t make the money that they want because:
1) It feels too hard.
2) They hate marketing themselves.
3) They don’t like selling.
4) They feel uncomfortable asking for money. (The funny thing is, they aren’t usually uncomfortable asking the Universe for money – only the people in it!)
So here’s how to tap for money, step-by-step:
1) Identify what’s keeping you from more money. Maybe you need to get in front of more potential clients. Or maybe you get in front of them, but don’t ask for the business. Or maybe you ask for the business, but are too nervous to ask for the money you deserve.
2) Put together a statement with this format:
Even though I can’t get more money because ____, I’m open to something new and different.
3) Tap the Karate Chop point three times while repeating your phrase. Not sure where the KC point is? Check out my tapping points video here. (LINK to tapping page on website)
4) Tap all the points from the top of the head down to under the arm, and repeat your ‘negative statement,‘ for example: I can’t get more money because____.
5) Tap all the points from the top of the head down, and repeat the open statement, such as ‘I’m open to something new and different’ or ‘I’m open to a surprising new idea.’
6) Tap all the points from the top of the head down, and alternate the negative and positive statements – negative on the first point, positive on the second point, negative on the third point, and so on. Be sure to end on a positive!
7) See what new possibilities have opened up for you.
8) This is the most important step: Go out and do something different! Perhaps a new creative idea will occur to you, or you may find your fear and start tapping reduce it. Pick up the phone, talk to people, ask for what you’re worth.
Taking action is the key to making more money. Tapping is only the grease that makes the wheels turn more easily.
9) Post a comment here letting me know what happened with this exercise.